Friday, August 9, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,821 Sam Braysher

 

One of the most interesting journeys I'm going through now is the passage of time that's going on with me and its impact on my tastes musically. At the end of a fascinating six week stint at my parents house in Canterbury, I find myself on my last day waking and opting for a contemporary Jazz record that's much to my liking.

Sam Braysher's That's Him: The Music of Kurt Weill explored the Jazz legacy of a significant and highly influential icon, a man who made his mark on The Doors and Bowie but also appeals to the likes who frequent laidback Jazz Jams. I number myself among that community too, as well as frequenting Indie gigs  that explore the inheritance of the Velvet Underground, Can, Neu and Sonic Youth.



Braysher is a London based alto saxophonist who orchestrates a sophisticated sound. He and his collective clearly have youth on their side. That's Him: The Music of Kurt Weill is alaidback and relxed record that sent me off into my working day and on towards my weekend and wherever next week takes me wrg a soring in my stride. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment