Wednesday, January 17, 2024

1984 Singles # 35 March Violets


 I'm glad I missed out on certain phases that are often considered mandatory or at least advisable in a young man's ourney towards musical maturity and general education. My Gothy phase was largely confined to an enduring Cure and Siouxsie & the Banshees fixation  developed at 15 and which hovered over me for a couple of years and which I'm not remotely ashamed all these years later. I still think both are fine bands and I still play their records, particularly the first five studio Cure albums.

Apart from this I veered off that particular road before Goth phase two and Sisters of Mercy and later The Mission and the likes of Balaam & the Angel trotted over the horizon rattling their chains, furrowing their brows and combing back their widow's peaks.There were Goth episodes and moments.  I  a bought a Bauhaus Singles record, a Danse Society album I'n sorrt I mislaid and this March Violets single. I thought the latter was alright and still find tolerable evern if its grim intent has paled slightly over forty years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment