Saturday, December 31, 2022

Song(s) of the Day # 3,257 THUS LOVE

 

So, on the last day of 2022 perhaps time to look forward to 2023 with one of The Guardian tips for next year. THUS LOVE a trio from Battlebro, Vermont. All three describing themselves as self identifying trans , they released a debut album Memorial which shows considerable promise.

To actually describe the record, I have to go back. To the Eighties and my own youth. This is a very Eighties record and a very Anglo one. Think The Chameleons, Psychedelic Furs, The Sound, Maurice Deebank of Felt's guitar sound, House of Love, Goth.



I've listened through to the record a couple of times and I'm not entirely sure personally. Hey, I've already lived through this. But they're a band that certainly sound like they have a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment