Monday, March 21, 2022

Arcade Fire - Lightning I & Lightning II,


Arcade Fire are back with their first proper studio album for five years and judging by this, the two song taster, this may not be a good thing. Lightning I & Lightning II, these chaptered songs, seriously, have a word with yourselves, is thin gruel indeed. The same portentious, anthemic raise a fist at the man stuff they've peddled throughout their career.

They're a band who have done this on a repeated basis over the years, sometimes highly effectively, but not here. It's hollow empty stuff. I think I'll give The Suburbs, one of their finest moments, a listen to cleanse my palate. Oh, and Arcade Fire, could Bruce Springsteen have his song back. And could you treat it a bit more kindly next time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment