Monday, January 13, 2020

Song of the Day # 2,182 Tall Dwarfs


A great internet find for me over the past few days has been Humdrum Hippies, now listed on the right hand side of this page. A beautifully simple concept. A weekly Soundcloud playlist of ten or so tracks, all cherry picked to contribute to a specific vibe which differs from week to week. A treasure trove for the likes of me and a great resource for coming upon artists or songs you were unfamiliar with or have never heard before. 

So this is sure to be something I'll plunder constantly over the coming months. We start with the Tall Dwarfs, who I do know as one of the core Flying Nun bands, although I'm not greatly acquainted with their work. This is a good place to start. Wonderful, ominous underground vibe from 1990's Weeville.

No comments:

Post a Comment