Monday, November 13, 2017

Song of the Day # 1.394 The Mighty Wah!

'What they gonna say about me. When they tell, the Story of the Blues...'

I spent the weekend in Manchester with an old friend attending the Louder Than Words Festival, an event celebrating all things musical, with particular attention to Punk. A wonderful event. I'll write much more here. The most bizarre talk we attended was by Pete Wylie one of the main players on the Liverpool Punk scene. At the end of his discussion he played this among several others. It was Top Ten in early 1983 at a time when I really cared about these things. I took a small transistor to college to listen to the singles charts when they were announced on Tuesday lunch time. It still sounded fine being played by Wylie on a battered guitar onstage in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment