Calling your album Archives and housing it in a plain-ish, nondescript sleeve is not always the best way to attract attention. In the case of Vanishing Twin's latest album I discovered to my great surprise and delight yesterday evening that this wasn't a set of demos and songs rejected for previous releases but a new album, their fifth, and a pearl.
Vanishing Twin have been a firm friend of It Starts With a Birthstone going back a good seven years now. since I heard and fell under the spell of The Age Of Immunology their second album. They're a cosmopolitan collective, (currently operating as a trio), based in London and are experimental by nature though essentially they operate in the slipstream of Stereolab, Broadcast, Pram, Kosmische Rock and Psychedelic tropes such as Tropicalia and Kosmische Rock.
'Postmodern Songcraft that finds transendence in the shared experience of creation.' I'll drink to that!!! Magical, mystical and frankly inspiring.
No comments:
Post a Comment