Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,547 Sofia Kourtesis

 

Sofia Kourtesis is a young, Peruvian Dance Producer. Her debut album, Madres, (just out), is immediately highly accomplished and I suspect will draw much attention and acclaim in circles where matters like these are assessed.

It Starts is not habitually part of these circles. Listening to the record, early on Sunday morning, I appreciated the craft and immersed myself in the enveloping atmosphere without being inclined to join the dance.

This is a very good album though it doesn't resemble the ones I appreciate most; the ones which develop a narrative which I can follow and appreciate. Once I'd finished writing this short review, I took it off and put Elliott Smith's Either / Or No on instead. That was a record that I could appreciate and enjoy fully. Home ground. 

No doubt this will not trouble Kourtesis. She has her audience and I imagine it will grow considerably on this record's release. I imagine Mixmag's review of her record is a lot more considered and generally better and more hwlpful than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment