Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Song of the Day # 2,100 Patrick Watson


I'm highly reliant on music. This blog if nothing else gives ample evidence of that. After all, I've been posting on here in an unbroken daily run which now stretches back for over five years. That's not so much an indication of a wilful or dogged streak or an act of sheer bloody mindedness so much as a core characteristic of myself that needs expression. 

On a work day yesterday that felt particularly stressful I came upon this. It floated into me through headphones and gave me light relief. Like so much great music it hails from Canada. It's is by Patrick Watson from Hudson, Quebec and is the opening song from his new album Wave. The rest of the record didn't have the same impact on me. That doesn't matter too much. Dream For Dreaming is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment