Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spelling in Songs

A pint in another local yesterday and they played this Faith No More song which took me back twenty years to when I was living in Dortmund. My best friend there repeatedly played them when I went round on a Friday night to listen to records. I would never have noticed Faith No More if it wasn't for him but took to this song. A group of cheerleaders sing the chorus. It made me think of other songs where things are spelled out during the course of the song. Well there are worse things to do with your time. A bit of research and I came up with this.

1. Faith No More - 'B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E'


2. R.E.M. - 'There's a splinter in your eye and it reads react. R.E.A.C.T'



3. The Cure - 'F-I-R-E-I-N-C-A-I-R-O'


4. Television - 'F-R-I-C-T-I-O-N'


5. Carla Thomas - 'B-A-B-Y Baby'


6. Tammy Wynette - 'D-I-V-O-R-C-E'


7. The Kinks - 'L-O-L-A'


8. Aaron Neville - 'M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E'


9. The Rutles - 'C-H-E-E-S-E-A-N-D-O-N-I-O-N-S'


10. Wu Tang Clan - 'M-E-T-H-O-D-M-A-N'


Then there's Gloria, and Pulp, and Respect but it's time to tidy my flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment