Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Simple Minds


Thinking back and listening back to early Simple Minds after my review I realised I didn't do them justice much as I love the New Gold Dream album. They paid their dues and fought their right to dream by fighting their way out of those rough as fuck Glasgow streets where their only destiny was construction, docklands, factory or destitution. I understand why Jim Kerr had black nail varnish and Nietzsche in his back pocket on the construction sites on  the way to digging himself out of that. They did so because otherwise the production line would have been their existence. Their early records are a document to that. Read the lyrics and listen to the song that it soundtracks. It's beautiful. And so were they.

Say who you are!
 
Here's a document of them about to break out of it. In New York. In 1979.

 
And another wonderful moment just before New Gold Dream.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment